Monday 20 February 2017

Back and Backs

So, first post in a few days, both good news and bad.

Lets get some of the bad crap out of the way first. I hurt my back again, not as bad as last time, but four days in bed and shooting pains. Luckily i'm more mobile than last time and have been able to resume light duties as of today. One of the good things about working with so many people, from so many walks of life, is there always someone about to help. This morning consisted of a half hour physio appointment on some pallets on the warehouse floor, followed by some stretching out the back of the tent, and blanket piles. I'm going to try and actually be a bit better about the whole thing, rather than just convincing myself that that wiggling my hips about for a few minutes is actually the physio I should be doing. I'm on light duties this week and hopefully should get back to strength as soon as possible.

Today was a camp day which was ace, got to see a few friends, including my boy Zee. Some of the guys are guys are really funny, and it's nice to get a bit of time at the end of lunch service to hang out with them. Also I spotted 2 NFL jumpers, one Giants, one Jets. That's probably the first time I've seen a Jets top and not shouted Buuuuttttttt-Fumble at them, but their lives are rough enough without me taking the piss. I tried to talk to the Giants guy, but his English was pretty ropey, and my Kurdish is still on a word basis, rather than full sentences. My duty today was managing the line, making sure people don't jump the queue, handing out plates, and generally being welcoming. It's a really nice job, most people are friendly, and up for a chat, you get lots of handshakes and smiles too.

I don't really have that much else to report. Being in bed sucked, but I got an email from my mum with a picture of Poppy which was really nice and cheered me up. I was dreading the thought of maybe having to leave and go back to England to heal, but fingers crossed I'm past that now.

Ugo left to go back to Italy which was a shame, but I think he's coming back soonish, and I have extensive notes on how to cook bulk rice. I wish I had a camera to show you guys, just in case you ever wanted to know how to cook 60kg of rice to perfection in one go.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment