Tuesday 3 January 2017

Wow!!
So in the first 24 hours my campaign is over 1/4 funded, which is amazing! Still a long way to go but it's put such a huge smile on my face, and I'm raring to go now!

Something has dawned on me this morning though, the next few months of my life are going to be pork free. The overwhelming majority of the people in camps come from a Muslim background, so pig won't be on the menu at all. I guess my body will thank me in the long term for giving it a break, but god-damn if it doesn't wipe out half of my cooking repertoire. Luckily I'm staying with my friend Helen up until the off, and she's veggie, so plenty of time to dig through her cookbooks, and learn the dark arts of meat free cooking. I can imagine the smiles on my vegan/veggies friends faces now, after years of gentle ribbing from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment